Every year Apple Inc releasing the latest operating systems that include macOS, iOS, WatchOS, tvOS, and a bunch of other applications worldwide. The macOS Big Sur 11 has been nominated as one of the largest and biggest releases of Apple this year that includes a variety of new features. Also, macOS Big Sur has seen widely as one of the most stable operating systems this year, that can be supported easily. When macOS Big Sur released in the Public Beta there were lots of issues like external support, Apps freezing, and random reboots, and graphical issues. Finally, it took a period of time that Apple successfully passed and fixed those issues in macOS Big Sur.
On 14th December 2020, Apple kicked out the final version of macOS Big Sur, this version of macOS Big Sur includes lots of bug fixes on the new features.
macOS Big Sur 11.1 introduces support for AirPods Max, TV app enhancements, Apple News widgets, and privacy information on the App Store. This release also includes bug fixes for your Mac.
- Support for Airpod Max, new over-ear headphones
- High Audio fidelity for better sound
- Active Noise cancellation that blocks environment noise
- Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
- Best spatial with dynamic head tracking
- Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real-time
- All the new Apple TV tab makes it easy to watch the Apple original series and movies
- Enhanced search so you can browse by category, by your manual search.
- Top search results shown with the most relevant matches that includes Movies, Tv-Shows, cast, Channels, and Sports.
- Apple News widgets are now available at the notification bar of macOS Big Sur.
- New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the App’s privacy practices.
- New Arcade games to play
iPhone and iPad Applications on Macs M1
- New iPhone and iPad options that let you switch between landscape and portrait to expand the window to file the entire screen.
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
Safari Web Browser
- Ecosia search engine is now available in Safari browser, that impact on the search result.
- Available in Maps is Siri for China locations on mainland
- Health recommendations are available in Siri for the included countries United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico.
Issues Available in macOS Big Sur 11.1
- Quicktime Player might quit movies while opening with a timecode after upgrading from macOS Catalina.
- Bluetooth connections are not available in the macOS Big Sur notifications bar.
- Reliability of unlocking your Mac using your Watch.
- Trackpad scrolling may be faster on MacBook Pro models.
- LG UltraFine 5K display may incorrectly display at 4K in macOS Big Sur on Macs with M1.
macOS Big Sur 11.1 is now completely stable with your computers, most of the issues are being fixed. Now properly you can upgrade your Public Beta, macOS Mojave, or macOS Catalina to macOS Big Sur 11.1. On the other hand, macOS Big Sur is a free open-source operating system that available on App Store, directly you can upgrade from the older version to the latest version available on App Store.
While updating to macOS Big Sur 11.1 you need to take notice to backup your important data to a separate hard drive or USB drive. Because updating your actual macOS on your MacBook may causes issues during the installation that can damage your important data.
Update macOS Big Sur 11.0 to 11.1 on VMware on Windows
Have you ever tried to install macOS Big Sur on VMware or VirtualBox, or have you tried to install macOS Big Sur on your actual Mac using VMware Fusion or VirtualBox. The process of installing macOS Big Sur on VMware or VirtualBox may be similar to each other, but for getting the complete idea click on the links. On the other hand, it can be possible to test macOS Big Sur on your actual macOS operating system. Also, if you are using a computer with an AMD system then it can be possible to test macOS Big Sur on it using VMware Workstation.
Don’t forget to check out that how to install Windows 10 on macOS Big Sur using VMware Fusion and VirtualBox.
- How to Install Windows 10 on macOS Big Sur Via VMware Fusion
- How to Install Windows 10 on macOS Big Sur Via VirtualBox
However, through this guide, you will learn how to update macOS Big Sur 11.0 to 11.1 on VMware & VirtualBox. For getting the updating experience on a Virtual machine firstly you need to perform a clean installation of macOS Big Sur on the following platforms VMware or VirtualBox.
Step 1. To update macOS Big Sur to 11.1 on VMware or VirtualBox open-up any of the platforms. While it opened navigate to the left-handed window and click on “About this Mac”. As you see currently I am using macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 on the virtual machine. So, to update it click on “Software Update”.
Step 2. Wait until it search for macOS Big Sur latest update, macOS Big Sur 11.1 is available so to download the update click on “Update Now”.
Step 3. Agree with terms and conditions of macOS Big Sur latest update.
Step 4. It will automatically start downloading the latest update, the download process may take some time.
Step 5. Once the latest update completed automatically it will restart and continue to the installation. During the installation will restart several times, don’t do anything until it should complete the installation.
Step 6. Now successfully macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 is being update to macOS Big Sur 11.1.